Monday, September 13, 2004

Week One Results

Of course, the Monday night game is still to be played, however, here is how I stand in the five leagues in which I play:

1. Yahoo Public League - Tabula Rasa (my team) has beaten the Stellar Steelerz 86 - 46, mainly on the combined work of Daunte Culpepper, LT, and the Titan's D...which accounted for 66 of my points. I still have Steve Smith playing tonight, but my opponent is done for the week. I'm feeling pretty good about this team.

2. Yahoo Public League - Tabula Rasa (again, my team) has beaten the McCord Allstarts 79 - 39, mainly on the combined work of Culpepper and Portis, who accounted for 48 of my points. As with the previous league, I still have Steve Smith playing tonight, but my opponent is done. Again, I'm really liking Culpepper this year...that's probably why I tried to get him in each of my leagues (not always successfully).

3. Yahoo Public League - Tabula Rasa (starting to see a pattern here?) has beaten the Red Raiders 73 - 55, mainly on the combined work of TO and Priest, who accounted for 46 of my points. I still have Favre playing tonight, but my opponent is done. I was worried about this game as the Red Raiders looked formidable behind Tory Holt and LT, but lack of stand out production across the board was too much to overcome.

4. Yahoo Public League - Tabula Rasa is in deep trouble, trailing The Durham Devastation 57 - 16. I have a bit of hope as I still have Favre, Javon Walker and the Carolina D playing tonight, but my opponent has Steve Smith and Stephen Davis, so it's not looking too good.

Overall in my Yahoo Public Leagues, it looks like I'll end the first week of the fantasy season at a respectable 3-1.

Now, on to the real league:

In my ESPN league, which I manage, I'm getting my ass handed to me by my brother's team Red Rocket The Onions (don't ask me where he came up with that name). As it stands right now, I'm trailing 68 - 100, but I still have John Kasay left to play...not that it will do me any good. I felt pretty good going in to this matchup, as I had McAllister and Westbrook in the backfield, Peyton Manning at QB, and Darrell Jackson, Joe Horn and Charles Rogers as my WRs. Granted, Rogers' injury hurt, but not quite as much as McAllister's lackluster performance (which hurts even more because I left Quentin Griffin on the bench). The Onions' combination of Culpepper (who my brother drafted one spot before me in the second round - and yes, I would have taken him in a heartbeat), Portis (who I should have taken instead of McAllister in the first round), and Chad Johnson were too much to overcome. Ah well, it's a learning experience, and I should improve. I'm putting in a waiver claim on Warrick Dunn to bolster my three deep RB situation. Clearing Rogers out will open up a spot for Dunn. I'm also going to try to swing a deal for another top flight WR by trading either Vick or Pennington...I'll keep you updated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home